A Little Off This Week

My tracking has not been great this week. And I don't really know why...I'm sure I could come up with a a million excuses, but I'm done with excuses. I just didn't do it. And I need to.

I don't feel like I have been out of control with my eating. And I'm feeling pretty good this week. Maybe a little tired, but good. But I also feel like I'm not going to see a weight loss when I get on the scale tomorrow morning. Which I'm OK with. I think our bodies just fight against this weight loss thing sometimes and you have weeks like this. I have been feeling this way all week, but I didn't let it get me totally derailed. I'm still eating smart, making good choices.

Maybe the weekend included an extra indulgence or two that I could have done with out. And maybe that's what threw off my tracking... I use to get this mentality that if I screwed it up already, why should I keep going? And while I think a little bit of that may have been at play here, I didn't let those feelings overwhelm me. I still managed to track...even if it was sporadic. I also ate new foods this week...which I think is good. But they weren't easy things I could find on the tracker. So lesson learned...when I try a new recipe over the weekend and I plan on eating it all week I need to figure out the Point+ values over the weekend when I have all the information with me. Then tracking will be easier during the week.

I am also over a month in...and maybe I was feeling over confident. But I still need to track. I'm still learning how many Points+ certain foods have. I need to keep the good practices up until they become second nature. I'm not there yet. That is to be expected.

But I need to keep doing what works. I need to get on that tracker and have fun doing it like I was the past month.

Sometimes I start to get nervous on weeks where I feel like it is not exactly working...that maybe the pounds aren't coming off and I'm doing something wrong or the plan is not going to work for me. I've been trying to remind myself that this is SCIENCE. WW has been working on this plan for years and it works. I just have to stick it out, be OK with the bumps along the way and just keep going.

And that's what I'm proud about this week. Because that's exactly what I did. I didn't just start eating crap and being a bum because I felt like things weren't going exactly how they were suppose to or I wasn't eating exactly what I should be to see those pounds come off.

So next week's goal: Track everyday.

I'm in this for real. And that has not wavered at all this week. I still have that final vision in my head and I am accepting that is going to take time to get there. But I feel good. So much better than just a month ago. Just think how much better I will feel in a month from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment