180-something for way too long.















I have been stuck in the 180s for far too long. I know why. I know exactly why. I just haven't been doing what I need to be doing. Which, you know, sometimes I think you just aren't ready... not there yet...or something like that. But I'm thinking I'm ready now. I can do this, I just need to put the effort in to make it happen. I know that I will feel so. much. better!

Rewards aren't usually a huge motivating factor for me, but I'm hoping that "keeping my eye on the prize" might help me when I'm faced with a decision in the middle of the day and feeling healthier isn't enough to help with making the "right" choice.

I think the main reason why rewards weren't very helpful in the past is that I didn't really have an action plan on how to get to the goal. So, I've got an action plan this time:

1) Track everything I eat: This is something I have NOT been doing. I need to get back into the habit.
2) Plan my meals and just eat the same thing every day: I use to always eat the same thing every day of the week. It was easy, I had my meals planned for the whole week and it was so easy to track. And I'm a creature of habit, so I really don't mind.
3) Get activity in everyday: Activity has been lacking the last week. I was on a major streak of getting some sort of activity in every single day (I did something for over 70 days straight!) I think what will work best for me is getting up and going out for a walk. Sometimes I don't like to work out first thing in the morning because I don't feel awake enough to get in a good work out. But if I wait to do it till the end of the day it is way too easy to just not do it. I just need to get into slowly again.

On the mental side of things I'm going to work on having patience with myself and my body. Patience is not my greatest strength. I want everything to happen right now. But this doesn't work with weight loss. I have to let things slowly progress and before I know it I will be feeling great again. One good decision after another really adds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment