But I think the reason why I was so successful last Spring was that I was OK with the fact that this is a process. This is a new way of living. And it's going to take time.
What I keep thinking to myself is that if I lose the same amount of weight I did last year after the new year, I will be at my goal. And while it was hard work, it wasn't so horrible...it wasn't THAT hard.
|Focusing on the early success and knowing that I can do it again.|
And this week I made good progress towards that goal. Here are some highlights:
- I got some great workouts in this week. Some real sweaty workouts. Which I love and are a bit harder to get here in CO...the sweat just evaporates way too quick. But I love sweaty workouts. And I need to keep them coming.
- I didn't drink all week. I LOVE a glass of wine and I'm not totally going to cut it out of my life during this journey, but I know I can't drink all the time. The week before last I had week almost every night and I could feel it...on my waist line and my energy level. I'm going to
try to try tokeep it down to once a week. I'm having a glasstwo glasses tonight. And then I'm not drinking again until Christmas. I plan on making this tasty cocktail: vodka with seltzer and small splash of pomegranate juice. I think my mom will love it.
- I didn't focus too much on what I was eating other than I was eating super healthy during the day (the easy part) and then let myself eat what ever I wanted to at dinner. Which usually meant too much of the wrong or right stuff. My family is trying to be healthy, but I think it works best for me when I just kinda do my own thing. When people cook I tend not to track (mainly because I feel like I don't know how many point values something has...and then not tracking leads to over eating). I think I might have to make the decision to cook my own dinner. This is what works best for me. I need to control what I am eating and not worry about what other people are eating.
- I stopped making excuses and focused on what works...I have to eat less and move more. I need to put healthy things into my body. This is science. That's how it works. Expend more calories than you consume and you will lose weight. But you won't lose it overnight. It takes time.
- I started using the Habit Streak app. I think the idea of streaks really works for me. My streaks so far: no booze, brush teeth before bed, get some activity in, go to gym, track on WW.
And here's the thing...I'm gonna do this. And need to remind myself of that...write it out as much as possible. I just need to keep saying it over and over again. I need to focus on my success story.
Current Weight: 185.8
Goal I'm focusing on in the short term: GET INTO THE 170's
Goal Weight: 160lbs