Week In Review: Things - They Are A Changin'

Life is a little crazy right now. Lots of changes are about to happen. I'm about to move out of my apartment and move to Maine for the summer. And there are other things in the mix too. I think in the end they are all going to be very positive changes. But it makes it a little bit difficult to stay on track.

The last few weeks I was feeling a little out of control. Even though I was still eating well, I had basically stopped tracking. So I was really focusing on tracking this week and just remembering to do the little things that have helped me be successful this far.

Here is a little recap of the week of Friday, April 29th - Thursday, May 5:

Moments of Brilliance:
  • I got some sort of activity in almost everyday. I'm feeling stronger and healthier and finding I need to push myself even harder to feel like I'm getting that really hard workout in. But, I'm also listening to my body, and taking it easy when I need to. And, I'm not letting circumstances dictate my workouts. I couldn't make it to the gym on Thursday and had some errands to run, but I managed to get out for a great late evening walk. I know that if I just keep moving it is going to help with my attitude and stress and just feeling so much better.
  •  On Monday I had the day off and I walked to Piermont - 7.3 miles. It was a long walk and I was super tired after. But it wasn't completely unbearable and I'm glad I did it. You can see my route below. There is a little service road that runs all the way from Nyack to Piermont (and beyond - I'm not even sure how far it goes, but I think all the way into New Jersey. I have always wanted to ride my bike down it, but I know my road bike would not be able to handle the terrain.) The service road is nice because I wasn't walking on concrete the entire time.
  • I tracked almost everyday this week. The weekends are still a struggle, but I'm working on it and happy with what I did track this week.

  • **My total weight loss is 25lbs!** And I spoke with my doctor during the week and we set a goal weight of 164 lbs (that is 10 lbs above the recommend range for my height). We both agreed that with my body type, I'm never going to be the 5'6" 140 something girl. That is just not me. And I am totally fine with that. I have been a little stressed about setting my goal weight. I have always weighed more than what people would think I weighed when they look at me. Which was a huge mental block for me for many years I think - it really effected my body image and was the source of a lot of confusion for me. But after a good talk with my doc, I'm feel good about my goal weight. AND - that means I'm and exactly half way to goal. Only 25lbs more to lose! :)
  • Lose the Booze is going well - although it was pretty easy so far since I haven't been drinking during the week anyway. 


Looking Forward - Goals and Exciting Things Coming Up
  • This next week I really want to focus on continuing to track. I think this is such an important part of all this right now and has been working. 
  • Keep the workouts up! And try to make it to the gym as often as possible, since soon I will not have the option of going. 
  • Figure out how I can blog more often with all that is going on. I think this will be a good way to stay motivated and keep my head in the game.
  • Finish reading Skinny Bitch.
  • And I need to work on focusing on me! I'm about to move into a situation where I am going to have much less control over what I can do and what I can eat. I think so far I have had this mentality that if I just maintain while I'm at camp then I will be happy. But that is not the truth. I am halfway to goal, and if I was continuing on as I have been I would reach goal by the end of the summer. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do that while I'm at camp. I need to focus on me and what's important to me.That's the only way this is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment