Second, I'm down this week! I lost .6 lbs! I wasn't fabulous this week. Too much wine, not great workouts everyday. But besides that, I would say it was pretty good. And come to think of it, I actually had two great workouts on Monday and Thursday. And I completed my March challenge to do the Planet Fitness circuit at least 2 times each week. The important thing is I'm feeling good! I didn't did let the shock of last week's weigh-in (which I totally didn't blog about) sabotage my motivation.
I'm still missing the thrill of seeing my Weight Watchers weight graph angle downward.
|Tired of the straight line stuff.|
But, I'm doing better than I have been in awhile. I'm toning up and feeling good about that. I'm eating great most of the time. And I'm getting my activity in. I just need to be consistent and this will work. I want to have that feeling of success again. While I am not where I want to be right now, it is much easier to focus on the potential progress I can make. When my size 12 jeans were a little tighter than I wanted them to be I thought: "I can't wait for the day when these are too loose." And when I realized how far away I was being out of the 180s last week, I thought: "But one day soon I will be 170-something and I can't wait to experience that."
I just have to focus on making this happen for myself.
- I completed my March Planet Fitness challenge. And I love how I'm feeling and can't wait to keep going. I'm ok with the fact that this toning work may make the number on the scale higher for awhile. I like the changes in my body and am excited to see more.
- I managed to get some activity in everyday this week except Sunday.
- I got some life chores done (paying bills, updating insurance, etc). My days of avoiding the not so fun stuff are over.
- I read a lot! And I'm loving it.
- I tracked most days.
- Friday: Planet Fitness Circuit
- Saturday: Ran 3.66 miles on the Boardwalk; first half was great - the fastest I've ever done it; my hamstring started cramping at the end (I haven't pushed myself that hard since).
- Sunday: Rest Day
- Monday: Morning - 3.8 mile walk on the boardwalk; Afternoon - 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer, great workout and sweated a lot, made me remember how much I do love my gym workouts)
- Tuesday: Planet Fitness Circuit
- Wednesday: Morning - 2.5 mile beach walk (it's hard walking on the sand); Afternoon - 2 mile walk to the beach and back (included some me time at the beach and love it!)
- Thursday: Morning - Planet Fitness circuit (went around the circuit twice and it was a great workout!); Evening - 1.6 mile walk around the neighborhood
- Friday: 1.6 mile around the neighborhood
- I want to focus on my workouts this week. After the cramp I got on Saturday I thought I gave myself an excuse to take it easy (although looking back I think I did pretty good). I want to focus on my running though. I want to get a good run in Sunday, Monday and Thursday
- Set a new toning/weight lifting goal for April. I want to do something similar to last month, but maybe include some kettlebell work or something. But I want to take some time tomorrow to write out my goal and make a chart like last month
- Focus on getting more veggies in my evening meals. Eat one piece of fruit each day.
- Set up a concrete goal for my graphic design work - I want to use the same strategy that worked with my March Planet Fitness challenge, but for the week. It's all part of setting a routine for myself.