Adventures in Cooking: Salmon and Veggies

If you know me at all, you know that I typically eat a black bean and cheese burrito for dinner almost every night! It's easy, it's tasty...and not terribly bad for me. And when getting home from the gym at 8:00 PM it just perfect.

Needless to say, eating this on a regular basis has not done wonders on my cooking skills. I have two other signature dishes that I will make on occasion, but I am not a good cook by any means. And honestly, I don't have too much of a desire to be. I can throw together a great salad and I love breakfast, but besides that I'm just fine with my bean burrito. But....

In my get-healthy journey I have often thought to myself it would probably be a good idea to add some other healthy dishes to my nightly routine. So with that goal in mind tonight I made salmon and veggies.

Ok, so not the hardest dish. Just grilled the salmon on the stove with a grill pan and cooked the veggies in the microwave.

But, it wasn't a bean burrito and I'm proud of that! It was pretty tasty too! Hopefully I can have a few more nights sans bean burrito. ;)

Oh...but I do love that bean burrito...

No comments:

Post a Comment